To our customers in the district heating and offshore sectors, Pro-Pipe Norway AS offers professional coordination, welding technical know-how and quality management of welding work in accordance with EN 729 series.
Our people are trained and qualified in the following areas:
Welding methods and equipment:
- Selection of the technically most suitable welding method in terms of quality, economy and material.
- Selection of the most suitable method for the manufacture of of welded joints from sketches and specifications.
- Being able to initiate repair work on the basis of inspection reports.
- Being able to prepare a written report to document that the welding work is perform in accordance with specifications.
Materials and their weldability
- Assessment of the validity of material certificates based on requirements in DS/ISO, DIN and upcoming EN (EuroNorm).
- Assessment and receipt of steel based on the certificate information on the manufacturing process, chemical analysis, mechanical properties and heat treatment.
- Assessment of heat effect on the mechanical properties of HAZ (Heat Affected Zone) and the establishment of new welding data from calculations by heat input.
- Precautions against metallurgical defects – such as fractures, heat and hydrogen cracking.
Construction, manufacturing and quality control
- Understand and evaluate shrinkage and deformation.
- Calculation of welding stresses and deformations.
- Take precautions against deformations – including weld fixtures, weld sequence, free shrinkage, etc.
- Assist to increase quality through knowledge of quality management.
Assess welding defects.
- Suggest changes in production and the construction process to increase weldability.
Calculation and geometry for welding technologies
- Geometric definitions and figures.
- Level Geometrical calculations.
- Rules for trigonometric calculations.
- Perform mixed calculations for welding tasks.
- Perform calculations of current, voltage, resistance, electrical components, induction, magnetism, mechanics etc.